Welcome to the Governors’ section of our website which aims to introduce you to the governing body at our school.
The key role of the Local Governing Body is to provide a balance of challenge and support to school leaders, understanding the strengths and areas for improvement in the school.
Our responsibilities are to:
1. Deliver the Trust and school strategy and vision, contributing to the creation of the School Development Plan and ensuring this sets priorities to deliver the strategy articulated by the Trust in the local context
2. Support educational Improvement by ensuring that the plans put in place by Head Teacher and School Improvement specialists are leading to improved outcomes for children. This will include reviewing the impact and effectiveness of the pupil and sports premium spend, as well as reviewing progress against the School Development Plan
3. Monitor safeguarding outcomes in the school
4. Review recommendations from the Bridge specialists relating to IT and Health and Safety and highlight any concerns identified with proposed plans
5. Engage with stakeholders – examine, evaluate and feedback to parents and other stakeholders on the overall quality of the children’s experience in the school as well as identify, understand and respond to stakeholder’s views and concerns.
Trenode Academy enjoys the benefits of a joint governing body with Duloe Academy
Meet the Governors
Mrs Cheryl Hill –Chair of Governors
Mrs Melanie Sylvester – Safeguarding Governor
Mrs Jenna Reynolds – Pupil Premium Champion / SEN
Mrs Alison Foulkes – SIAMS and Christian Distinctiveness
Mr Armand Toms
Mrs Mandy Clarke
Mr Richard Patt
Mrs Jackie Hayden
LGB Monitoring at Trenode Primary Academy
As the strategic leaders of our school, Governors have a vital role to play in ensuring every child gets the best possible education and are therefore an integral part of the monitoring schedule. Our roles and responsibilities remain strategically aligned to the skills and knowledge of individual members to ensure that the body has the ability to hold the school to account and promote continual school improvement.
The following monitoring visits have taken place this academic year:
Focus of Monitoring Visit Governor
Data scrutiny Jenna Reynolds
EYFS scrutiny Alison Foulkes
Pupil Premium Jenna Reynolds
Safeguarding Melanie Sylvester
Data scrutiny Jenna Reynolds
PE Melanie Sylvester
Christian Distinctiveness Alison Foulkes
Pupil Conferencing Armand Toms
Early reading and phonics Melanie Sylvester
Subject development plans Cheryl Hill
Staff well-being Cheryl Hill and Armand Toms
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
Trenode Primary is closed. Looe Primary will act as our 'Hub' school. If you have any concerns or your circumstances change (Critical Worker or Vulnerable Child) contact me asap:
© 2020 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.