Collective Worship is a central part of school life at Trenode. Each half-term, our Collective Worship is based around one of our Christian Values.
As well as this, Collective Worship also focuses on key events within the Christian calendar and other local and national events which help to develop children's spirituality.
Collective Worship is a time when the whole school, or groups within the school meet together to worship God, to consider spiritual and moral issues or to explore their own belief or those of others.
It encourages participation and response, develops community spirit, promotes a common ethos and shared values, and reinforces positive attitudes.
Aims of Collective Worship
The aims and objectives of collective worship are to:
• celebrate achievement and special times as well as consider spiritual and moral issues
• share common aims and values • evoke a sense of beauty, awe, wonder
• provide opportunities for reflection, participation, challenge and enjoyment where all present can be actively involved and develop their own spirituality
• help children to become familiar with Christian language and symbolism and the cycle of the Church year
• offer opportunities to all children and staff to develop their skills in planning, leading and evaluating the impact of school worship
• strengthen and support the school community, giving expression to, and reaffirming, the core Christian values which underpin the school’s vision, policies, curriculum and moral code
• develop a sense of self-worth and celebrate the gifts that each child and adult brings to the school community, recognising the uniqueness of each individual
• foster a concern for others within the school community and wider world
• deepen appreciation of the gift of the natural world and the importance of acting responsibly toward the environment
• enable children to explore their own beliefs and encourage respect of the religious beliefs and practices of others.
Please see our collective worship policy below
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
© 2021 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.