Every school has a sports premium, an amount of money to spend on improving the provision and opportunities for children to engage with sports - please see the attached documentation to see how we have spent ours.
At Trenode Primary we understand that for many children PE is the best part of their week!
We use our PE sessions to offer children the opportunity to experience high-quality coaching in a variety of sports and activities, from dance and gymnastics to orienteering and athletics. They are taught about keeping healthy and making healthy choices, through engaging with the Sugar Smart programme, as well as how to participate and push yourself so that every child, regardless of their ability, is able to enjoy and make the most out of PE sessions.
The government currently provides additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
2. The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please look at our Sport Action Plan, attached below.
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
Trenode Primary is closed. Looe Primary will act as our 'Hub' school. If you have any concerns or your circumstances change (Critical Worker or Vulnerable Child) contact me asap:
© 2020 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.